Committee Chair: Shawn Keller
Field Day at WDES
Please plan to attend and cheer your students on. Parents, siblings and grandparents are all welcome. The event is held in the field next to the playground near the bus parking lot.
Grades K through 2nd- 8:30-10:30
Grades 3rd through 5th- 11:30-1:30
Our WDES Field Day is quickly approaching and it is important for all parents and visitors to be aware of the safety procedures that are in place. Please review the policies and procedures below. We also ask that you pay special attention to the policies on checking students out after Field Day.
We are requesting that all families who plan on attending complete the WDES Field Day Google Sign Up so that we may expedite the check in process.
Check in Procedures:
1. Complete the google doc https://forms.gle/dShVGQxhJTmx2gzF8
2. If parents or other visitors have never signed in to the visitor system, it is heavily encouraged that they do so prior to Field Day. Any visitor who has not yet done this will be asked to check in at the front office prior to attending field day.
3. All visitors must bring a government issued photo identification and sign in at the "Check in area" (located between the parking lot and playground).
4. There will be three tables set up in the "Check In Area". Tables will be set up by grade level. Please sign in at the table that corresponds with your child's grade level.
5. Visitors will be given a Field Day visitor badge. Please make sure this is visible. Any person
not wearing a visitor badge will be directed to the check in area.
Student Check Out Procedures:
1. Parents will be allowed to check their child out after field day as long as the following procedures are followed.
2. Students must be signed out in the classroom. Please do not take your child from the playground. The teacher will have a sign out roster that will need to be completed in the classroom.
3. Families who decide to sign their child out early must leave campus upon signing the child out. WDES Siblings will not be permitted to attend their sibling's field day due to liability and safety reasons.
We look forward to another fantastic Field Day on April 18th. Feel free to contact your WDES administration should you have any questions.